Mega Bloks Domino Build Review
Chandler is at that age where he loves to play games. We have a lot of classic kid’s games, but I’m always on the lookout for fun, new age appropriate preschool games that we can play as a family. It gives us time to spend together, but also gets little minds thinking. Mega Bloks recently came out with a new game called Domino Build. Appropriate for ages 3-6, we got to review it during family night this last week.
Mega Bloks Domino Build Game can be played with 2-4 players and consists of domino cards, 4 characters, bloks for the 4 characters, and instructions for play. You start with one domino card in the middle of the table, and each player has 2 domino cards. You try to match a card on your turn with the animals on the previous card. It’s got the same feel as traditional domnios, only it’s catered for kids. If you get a match on your turn, you start building up your bloks to make your animal. Before you play your card, you get to draw a card from the draw pile and see if you can match animals. If you can’t go, you wait until your next turn. Each animal has 4 bloks, so after you’ve matched 4 on your turn, you win!
This game was fairly easy for 5 year old Chandler to figure out. Although the game is for kids aged 3-6, 3 year old Rowan had a hard time focusing and figuring what was going on, he mostly wanted to just play with the cards. The game is very simple to learn, and you can play a round in about 5 minutes, which means it’s long enough to be fun, but short enough that preschoolers don’t lose interest. We played about 4 rounds this night, and it was actually pretty fun. Most other games we have are board games, so it’s nice to have something with a twist, and since the boys love blocks, building up their animal was fun for them to do. Overall, it was a fun game. If you are curious about how to play the game, watch our family playing it this last week below:
Not only is it fun to play, but kids are learning as they go. The Mega Bloks Domino Build Game teaches:
- Shapes and colors through observation, touch, and taking objects into their hands.
- Developing fine motor skills with patience, practice and determination.
I also feel that the price point on this game is perfect. at $10.99, it provides a lot of fun without spending a lot.
Mega Bloks Family Club
Megabloks has a great club you can take advantage of here that gives you:
- A printable coupon for $5 off any $30 or more Mega Bloks purchase
- Information on new products and e-mail newsletter
- Educational and informative blog
- Offers, contests, sweepstakes and promotions on Mega Bloks toys
Where to Buy: Amazon – Mega Bloks Domino Build Game, Fred Meyer, Toys R Us Canada (Quebec only), and Walmart Canada
One Babes and Kids reader will win Mega Bloks Domino Build Game
Here’s How to Enter: (This entry is mandatory)
- Tell me who you’d like to win this game for
- Follow Mega Brands on Twitter & Tweet about this giveaway. (daily entry) – 2 entries
- Subscribe to my feed via e-mail – 2 entries
- Follow me – 2 entries
- Comment on any non giveaway post that you haven’t previously commented on – 2 entries
- Like Megabloks on Facebook – 2 entries
- Like Babes and Kids on Facebook – 2 entries
- Click on the following link and let me know you clicked on it: http://www.purex.com – 2 entries (This extra entry is only available through March 13th)
Please leave each entry as a separate comment. Contest is open to US residents and will end at 11:59 MST on March 21st. Winner will be drawn via random.org. Please see Important Winner Information for more guidelines.
The product reviewed in this article was a sample provided to me by Mega Brands through Team Mom. These views and opinions are my own and I was not compensated by this review.