Are you drooling? If not, you should be. This simple slow cooker baked apples recipe doubles as a breakfast topping OR as a dessert. We ate it on top of French Toast with some whipped topping. It was incredible, delicious, and oh SO easy. You could also eat it with vanilla ice cream, also a good choice. Prep time was around 10 minutes for me, although it would have gone even faster if I had an apple corer. This recipe comes from Fix it and Forget it Lightly – 5 Ingredient Favorites.
- 4 baking apples, cored, but left whole
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Place apples in slow cooker, making sure each is standing on the bottom of the slow cooker
- Combine cinnamon and brown sugar. Stuff into apples (Middle that you already cored out.)
- Top each apple with 1 Tbsp. butter
- Cover. Cook on low 4 hours
- Use as topping on pancakes, french toast, waffles, or ice cream.
I must not forget to mention that this smells so SO good when you are making it, and I think my husband was pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t a candle.