Baking Lighter with C&H Sugar
Over the holidays, it seems like I eat a ridiculous amount of sugar. It’s the one time of year where I really let go, but then I gain some weight and I regret all of the calories. Instead of eating extra calories that you regret, why not bake with a lighter sugar that has less calories? That way you can still eat some of your favorite treats with out the guilt.
C&H Light is an all natural sugar & stevia blend. It only has 5 calories per serving, and is twice as sweet as sugar. Since it has twice the sweetness, you use half as much when baking. It comes in a convenient 2 lb pouch or a 40 count packet box. Over the last few weeks, I’ve used the C&H Light in multiple recipes. I made a killer Strawberry pie at Thanksgiving, some delicious sugar cookies and my favorite, a Raspberry Coconut Bars Recipe. It was the first time I’d made the Raspberry Coconut bars, and it’s actually a receipt I found on the C&H website. It’s an awesome recipe that I will definitely make again.
- ½ cup C&H® Light Sugar & Stevia Blend
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups raspberry jam
- 1 cup coconut, flaked
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, with electric mixer, cream together sugar, butter, cream cheese, eggs and vanilla until just blended. Slowly add flour, baking powder and salt until fully combined.
- Spread batter evenly onto ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and spread jam over bars. Sprinkle with coconut; continue to bake for additional 5 minutes. Remove from oven; allow to cool 30 minutes.
- Place white chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl and heat in microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted. Using fork, drizzle melted white chocolate over cookies, then immediately cut into bars and allow to dry.
One Babes and Kids Reader will #WIN a $25 Visa Gift Card to purchase C&H Light Sugar and create your own recipe! To enter, use the Rafflecopter form below.