Do you like to clean? Perhaps you are one of those moms that enjoys cleaning. Or perhaps you’re so busy, that at most you are desperately trying to keep up on laundry, housework and mom duties. How would you like to clean efficiently and without caustic effects? No toxic fumes, chemicals and hazardous effects to your home, children and body.
One well known company that is committed to making cleaning products that are environmentally friendly as well as people friendly, is Seventh Generation.
Not familiar with Seventh Generation? Here is a little information from their website.
‘Seventh Generation is the nation’s leading brand of household and personal care products that help protect human health and the environment. .. We believe our products are healthier solutions for the air, surfaces, fabrics, pets and people within your home—and for the community and environment outside of it. ‘
So here is a quick run-down of the new products I was able to sample and my thoughts on them.
First up, the Free & Clear Natural Laundry Detergent
What I liked:
- It is great for sensitive skin. No fragrance and no irritating residue left behind as well as no dyes or synthetic colors.
- It cleans just as well as leading laundry detergents
- I liked the premeasured pacs that dissolve quickly. No more using too much soap.
- Can be used in both regular washing machines and high efficiency machines
- Biodegradable, which means it is safe for the city waste water.
Pros – great smell! I love the smell of real lavender. No artificial scent. It actually was more pleasant to wash that dish because of the calming effects that lavender has.
- Cleaned very well and eliminated grease quickly.
- Cons – The bottle design needs improvement. There was no control over how much came out. I was unable to squeeze out a little bit without getting a significant larger amount. Not only was it wasteful, but then I ended up having the water on longer to rinse the excess soap off of dishes.
I work part time in an elementary school and I find myself washing my hands quite a bit more to keep the spread of germs down. The downside is that my hands are left terribly dry. After having the weekend off and just washing my hands with the Lavender Hand Wash, my hands are noticeably less dry. I love the lavender smell as well. I use essential oils on a regular basis and instinctively knew that they used real lavender and not an artificial scent.
Hand wash is smooth, gentle and pleasant smelling with the lavender extract.
97% is plant based.
Uses only pure ingredients.
- I have kitchen cabinets that are around 20 years old. They are oak, dry and in need of a tune up. I sprayed the wood cleaner on them, wiped clean and then buffed the cabinet as the instructions indicated. I was pleased by how they were instantly revived and looked better.
- The lemon chamomile is a natural, pleasant smell. I generally associate real lemon scents with something clean and fresh. Chamomile also has a calming property about it.
- I did appreciate that the Wood Cleaner didn’t have that residual smell that an aerosol wood cleaner would.
- Like other Seventh Generation products, no phosphates or synthetic fragrances. I did 4 loads of dishes using the dishwasher pacs. I felt that they did a great job of cleaning and I liked the fact that there were no chemicals left behind on my dishes. It doesn’t get any simpler than that.
To purchase the above products, you can find a list of retailers that carry Seventh Generation products here.
One Babes and Kids Reader will #WIN all of the Seventh Generation products reviewed in this article which includes: Specialty Wood Surface Cleaner, Hand Care Dish Liquid, Automatic Dishwasher Pacs,
Lavender Purifying Hand Wash and Laundry Detergent Packs. Use the Rafflecopter form below to enter.
I was provided with the above products to sample. All opinions are 100% mine.