Healthy Avocado Yogurt Dip Recipe
I eat a lot during the day. I’m definitely a grazer and eat a lot of small meals. I usually eat a small snack or two in between meals, but I find myself growing tired of the same snacks over and over. My go to snacks are usually almonds and apples, peanutbutter on whole wheat toast, a piece of fresh fruit or veggies, and yogurt. In an effort to shake it up, I went looking for good, healthy recipes that would fill me up with quality calories and not empty calories. I stumbled on this Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip recipe and revamped just a bit for my taste buds. It was definitely very easy, and only had about 10 minutes of prep time from start to finish. It’s definitely a keeper and one that I will make on a regular basis. It’s got powerhouse ingredients like avocado and greek yogurt which I love. I like dipping blue corn tortilla chips or fresh veggies in it. SO good!
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt. (I used the plain Fage 2% Yogurt)
- 2 Avocados peeled and pitted
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro (Use a pair of scissors to chop your cilantro, it goes faster!)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of one Fresh Lime
- 1 chopped and seeded jalapeno. (I added a few of the seeds to give it more of a kick.)
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Add all ingredients except salt and pepper in blender and blend until smooth. Salt and pepper to your preference of taste.
- Serve immediately with chips or fresh veggies.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
My only problem is exercising portion control with this recipe, it’s so yummy!