Earlier in the month, I wrote about when we bought our first home. I mentioned that it can be stressful, but also exciting. Whether you are a first time home buyer or have bought several homes over the years, it always helps to review how to safely buy a home. We are going to be in the market in the next year again, and I already feel like I’ve forgotten how the process goes. Here are some more helpful tips from LifeLock that will make your home buying easier and much less stressful.
- Don’t ever use public Wi-Fi for personal things like banking or taxes. It makes you vulnerable for identity theft and is easier to hack into than your own personal internet at home.
- Shred personal papers! It’s not good enough just to throw them away. You could have unknown persons getting ahold of personal information if you do not shred.
- When paying bills via phone, make sure that you are alone in a room. As sad as it sounds, family and friends can commit fraud. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
- When getting ready to move, check with the Better Business Bureau to make sure the movers or company you are using don’t have any complaints against them.
- Identity theft is very prevalent during moving season. Make sure that you are protected!
These are definitely tips that I will keep in mind as we start to look for a new home over the next year. Do you have any tips for buying a home and staying safe?
I am a LifeLock Ambassador and received compensation for my participation. All opinions remain 100% my own.