Don’t Fear the Mess With Easy-Off
I don’t profess to be the most amazing baker in the world, but I do a lot of it when the holidays roll around. There’s just something about Christmas music playing, the warmth of my home and the aroma of cookies or other goodies wafting through the house. With a lot of baking comes the mess. Unexpected spills and lots of dirty dishes to name a few. The cleanup can definitely be overwhelming after all the baking is done.
Easy-Off doesn’t want you to fear the cleanup this holiday season! If you’ve ever tried to clean an oven without Easy-Off, you’ve realized what a chore it is. I’ve been there and done that and it was not a good experience. Easy-Off is fume free and easy to use. You simply start with a cold oven, spray generously over the entire inside of the oven, wait 2 hours or overnight and wipe clean. It doesn’t get any more straight forward or easy than that. I always have a can of Easy-Off under my sink and prefer the lemon scent. It leaves my kitchen nice and fresh smelling and only takes a few minutes to wipe down after I’m done. It’s also compatible with self cleaning ovens. Easy-Off has an entire array of products including an oven cleaner with a trigger spray, a BBQ grill cleaner and cooktop cleaner. The oven cleaners come in a 16 oz size and the cooktop cleaner is an 8.1 oz size. I actually didn’t realize that Easy-Off carried a cooktop cleaner and will be looking for it next time I am at the store since I have a flat top cooktop cleaner.
Since it is the holiday season and cookies are one of my favorite treats, I wanted to share this peppermint meltaways recipe. They are tiny little cookies that melt in your mouth and are perfect for get togethers, neighbor gifts or your own family.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- ½ cup crushed peppermint candies
- In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, milk, extract and food coloring if desired; beat until smooth. Spread over cooled cookies; sprinkle with crushed candies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
What is your favorite holiday recipe?