The coupons for product redemption, information, and gift card have been provided by Boudreaux’s.
How to Prevent and Treat Diaper Rash
Over the last 11 years, I’ve changed too many diapers to count. I can smell a dirty diaper from a mile away and can change a diaper with one hand. I *might* just be exaggerating a little bit, but as a mom of 4, I’ve got a little bit of experience under my belt. I still remember when my oldest used to get diaper rashes. I wasn’t sure how to prevent or clear them up and I would feel so badly when he was hurting. There are a few tips and tricks that I can share when it comes to preventing diaper rash and I’m all to happy to spill my secrets.
1. Protect – I think the best thing that you can do for your child is to protect them against rashes in the first place. Boudreaux’s Butt Paste is a great way to protect your child against rashes if used on a regular basis. If applied at every diaper change, it provides a barrier to protect even the most delicate skin against rashes.
2. Change Often – Disposable diapers now days are pretty incredible. They absorb, keep your child dry and can hold a lot. That doesn’t mean that you should wait until a diaper is at it’s max. Change your child often throughout the day so that rashes don’t have the environment to start. If your child has pooped, it’s even more important to change them soon so that their skin isn’t irritated.
3. Use Good Products – Use a product that is free of ingredients that might irritate your child’s delicate skin. Again, Bourdreax’s Butt Paste is really a good option as it is free of the harsh irritating ingredients like Parabens, Preservatives, Dyes, Phthalates and Talc ingredients which will help prevent diaper rash.
So your child has a rash. What now? Some remedies that we’ve found have worked include:
1. Going Diaper Free – Let your child’s bottom air out by having them not wear a diaper for a bit. It could be 15 minutes or an hour. You do risk the chance of an accident but it will help give the skin some air to help the rash heal.
2. Warm Bath – A warm bath can soothe irritated skin and promote healing. This is a tip our pediatrician gave to us that has worked wonders.
3. No Baby Wipes – Ditch the baby wipes for the time being. They can cause a rash to be irritated even further. We use sensitive wipes that I absolutely love but if my son has a rash, I’ll use a warm, wet paper towel to clean him and then let his bottom dry completely.
4. Create a Barrier – After your child’s bottom has had a chance to try, apply Boudreax’s Butt paste to create a barrier. It comes in 3 great formulas including:
- Original – contains 16% Zinc Oxide which treats skin irritations by creating a barrier to seal out wetness
- Maximum Strength – contains 40% Zinc Oxide for over two times the rash fighting power as the Original Formula
- All Natural Formula – In addition to 16% Zinc Oxide, this has been formulated with natural soothing and calming ingredients like Aloe Vera to soothe skin
Boudreax’s Butt Paste isn’t new in our home, in fact we have used it for many years and I’ve come to trust it. It’s great to keep for prevention or to help treat a rash and it’s a perfect baby gift for any mom that might be expecting or have a newborn.
One lucky Babes and Kids Review reader will win a great prize pack to help them prevent and protect against rashes. It includes:
(1) 4 oz. bottle of Original Boudreaux’s Butt Paste
(1) 4 oz. bottle of Maximum Strength Boudreaux’s Butt Paste
(1) 4 oz. bottle of All Natural Boudreaux’s Butt Paste
$25 Visa gift card to purchase additional Boudreaux’s Butt Paste products
(US Residents only and NO PO Boxes! Thanks!)
To be eligible to win, please use the Rafflecopter form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway